Holiday Breather: I Drove All Night by Cyndi Lauper

Hello, dear reader. The end of the year music chatter has been disrupted while I travel to see family, shop, and other such holiday season activities. I will return to blogging about my favorite music of 2012 in a few days. Until then, I hope you will enjoy this slice of 80s pop from Cyndi Lauper. I have always had an affinity for her version of "I Drove All Night," and as I look forward to spending the coming holidays with my boyfriend, this song has been on my mind. The backing track for the song is a bit busy, but it has a great opener, and the producers made the smart choice of putting Lauper's passionate vocal at the front and center of the mix. She delivers a compelling performance that lays bare the longing someone can feel when away from his or her love; it's a deliciously romantic song. I hope it helps you think about being with your loved ones too.

No comments: