Mid 2014 Music Check-In

After a short hiatus from the blog to celebrate the holiday, I'm back and it's time to take stock of the pop music landscape thus far. In contrast to last year, 2014 has been rich in pop singles, from the pounding beats of Royksopp and Robyn's "Do It Again" to the sugar rush of Rita Ora's "I Will Never Let You Down" and Betty Who's "Heartbreak Dream." So far, this year's breakout star is Sia, whose "Chandelier" has finally  reached the top 20; I am eager to hear her new album, which drops July 8th. My favorite triumphant return has been Amy Grant's comeback with the remix of her 90s hit "Baby Baby." So, dear reader, listen along, sing out loud, and dance a lot. If you want to read my original reviews for some of these songs, you can also click the links below. Happy summer!

"Do It Again" by Royksopp and Robyn



"I Will Never Let You Down" by Rita Ora



"Heartbreak Dream" by Betty Who



"Chandelier" by Sia



"Baby Baby (David Aude Radio Edit)" by Amy Grant


No comments: