Taking a Break (Plus the New Hillary Duff Song and Rather Be by Clean Bandit Ft Jess Glynne)

Hello, dear reader! I hope this finds you happy and enjoying the summer of 2014, which has been filled with lots of great pop singles. I am also appreciating the season and, in fact, will be loading up my iPod with new music, packing my bags, and spending a few months on the road seeing loved ones, traveling, and writing. To focus on all of those things, I will also be leaving my laptop behind and taking a break from the blog for a few months.

However, before I slip away, I wanted to talk about a couple good pop singles. The first is by Hillary Duff, who just dropped the cheery "Chasing the Sun." The tune combines her signature optimism with a beach-ready hook. It's a cheerful ode to pursuing your dreams and marks Duff's return to music-making after a  seven year hiatus; she plans to release a new album this fall. I like this track quite a bit.



The single that has worked its way into my heart is Clean Bandit's "Rather Be." The song is an old school 90s-style dance track and guest vocalist Jess Glynne adds soul to the proceedings--a key feature of club music from the era. In part because the tune is so infectious and in part because it's about traveling with your significant other, it has become an anthem of joy and hope for me.



I wish you well for the rest of the summer and early fall. I will return to the blog in late October, just in time for the fourth quarter music rush and lots of end-of-the-year pop music celebrating.

Until then, keep well and happy listening!



No comments: