Cher, Poetry, and Culture Comfort Food

When life gets busy, I reach out for culture comfort food, especially in the form of music. So, I have been enveloped in Cher's dance records: Believe, Living Proof, and the flawless Closer to the Truth. These albums have garnered significant attention on the blog, and I'm not going to belabor my points about them. Today, all I really want to say is that they are life-affirming, energetic, and optimistic albums about embracing love, kindness, and happiness in a chaotic world. When you feel thread-bare, what could be better medicine?

I have been thinking about the life-affirming nature of this music for some time, and so I leave you with a poem I wrote in part about music, but also about trying to embrace joy.

Happy living, dear reader.


No comments: