The Song of the Summer: 2015 Edition

In 2015, my summer has ping-ponged between two catchy tunes: Carly Rae Jepsen's "I Really Like You" and Madonna's "Bitch I'm Madonna (ft. Nicki Minaj)." Neither tune received the mainstream success it deserved, despite being fun, hooky, and perfect for the warm weather. Jepsen's lead single for her forthcoming E MO TION is the perfect follow up to her mega-hit three years ago, and though it barely cracked the Top 40, it started the my summer out right. Madonna's single gave  me a necessary boost mid-summer. "Bitch" peaked at 84 on the Hot 100, extending her record-breaking run of hit singles. Both tunes have soundtracked my walks around the city and rides on the train. Thank you to Carly Rae and Madonna for infusing this chaotic season with pop joy.




Honorable Mentions for Song of the Summer:
"Coffee" by Miguel
"Biscuits" by Kacey Musgraves
"Where Are You Now" by Skrillex, Diplo, and Justin Beiber
"Stronger" by Clean Bandit

No comments: