31 Days of Horror Half-Time Update



Here is my 31 Days of Horror update. I am making good progress, with about a film per day. (Any films with asterisks [**] are new to me this October.)

Here is what I've watched so far:

1. Trick R' Treat
2. The Craft
3. Creepshow
4. Hocus Pocus
5. Elvira Mistress of the Dark
6. Poltergeist 3 
7. The Final Girls**
8. The Forrest**
9. Lords of Salem**
10. Swamp Thing**
11. Psycho II**
12. What Lies Beneath
13. Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon**
14. The Visit**
15. Don't Breathe**
16. What Lies Beneath

Some Quick Thoughts:

  • Trick R' Treat: going to become part of my yearly Halloween traditions.
  • The Final Girls: sweet, smart.
  • Hocus Pocus: gets better every year.
  • The Forrest: competent.
  • Lords of Salem: interesting premise, terrible plot and execution.
  • Psycho II: an excellent sequel, though I like III a bit more.
  • Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie: better than Cabin in the Woods as both a meta and horror film.
  • The Visit: best Shyamalan picture yet; he's back.
  • Don't Breathe: great suspense film--part Panic Room and part Cujo--but I prefer Green Room.
  • What Lies Beneath: favorite rediscovery so far; a loving tribute to Hitchcock.

No comments: